16mm | 19min | Official Site
Oliver, a retired single parent, comes home from the store to find his autistic daughter, Ana, brutally abused. Taking matters into his own hands, the father sets off on a hunt to reap his revenge.
In the end, my main goal was to tell a story that would not shy from brutal imagery, not try to limit itself with predictable character resolutions, not follow a typical film-act structure, and psychologically push the characters to limitless extents.
“The unsettling cinematography, the non-linear editing, and the emotionally driven performances all played off to me as a beautiful harmonic symphony. A film that is powerful from its story to its final sound mix. Everything worked together really wel and concluded a story that I will never forget.”
- Written and Directed by Hassan Said
- Produced by Ryan Lough and Hassan Said
- Edited by Greg Whitlow
- Cinematography by Jordan Ashton Danlez
- Production Design by Olivia Hill
- Sound Designer/Mixing by Matt Wood
Daniel Higgins, Vanessa Donley, Jesse Mueller.
- WINNER of the Jury Award for Best Editing at the Big Easy Film Festival.
- WINNER of the German Independence Award for Best foreign language short film at the Oldenburgh International Film Festival
- WINNER of the Award of Merit for Short film and Direction - The Accolade Film Awards
- Official Selection - Reel Heart International Film Festival
- Official Selection - Queens Film Festival
- Official Selection - Independents' film festival
- Official Selection - Jersey Shore Film Festival
- Official Selection - San Antonio Film Festival
- Official Selection - Indie Fest USA
- Official Selection - Atlanta Underground Film Festival.